Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What am I looking for again??

As some people may know a couple of years back I was seeing a dietician. I continued to see her for 2 years. I think the world of her and she has given me great advice! She pounded "FIBER" into my head. Her theory is "if it doesn't have 3 or more...leave it at the store!" (That's 3 grams of fiber). She has since moved on to another job, therefore I quit going. (If I couldn't see her..I would do it on my own). Since then I met a wonderful man (Rick) who is (or was) very "Protein" based. He lifts weights a lot and into the whole muscle building thing. Then I have my dear sister who has lost a LOT of weight on Weight Watchers. Who at that time pushed "points". Now she advises me...Calories and Fat Grams. So in all this confusion...I telephone yet another sister...who is saying...1 thing at a time Sis! Get rid of the High-Fructose-Corn-Syrup. LOL I love everyone and all their advice.
I have to mention...I hate grocery shopping! I think it's a waste of my time. Planning meals...listing each and every ingredient as not to have to make yet another trip to the store. I am a get in and get out kinda girl. I never had a problem going to the chip lane. Just pick them up and throw them in the cart. =) So now I am required to spend double that time in the store....looking for..

  1. Fiber grams
  2. Calories
  3. Points
  4. Fat grams
  5. Protein
  6. Carbohydrates
  7. and now....high-fructose corn syrup

LOL...again.....What am I looking for?? This whole diet thing isn't what it's cracked up to be. So in close....I think I will take all my knowledge I have recieved and walk to the fridge( that's excercise ya know!) and pull out the chicken breast(skinless...boneless) and the head of lettuce and chop it all up and call it....Confused Chicken Salad!

1 comment:

  1. lololololol, I have to agree with you sis, but your other sis I am sure mentioned that one of the big factors in addition to the weight watchers was the exercise factor...which she did a loootttt of.

    Personally I dont think ww did much for me, when we all got together I think the exercise did.

    Keep trying though and you will get there!

    ReplyDelete