Thursday, February 26, 2009
I am really enjoying this new me...and all the stuff I am learning. What is odd to me though is....It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to learn the "lose weight math class 101". It's all figuring out the calories, fat grams, points, carbs, protien, fiber, high fructose corn syrup, etc. Ok...it is a lil' overwhelming but it'll be ok. Change one thing at a time. Always remember, ONE DAY AT A TIME...ONE STEP AT A TIME....literally! =)
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
I have lost 21 pounds so far now and I gotta tell ya... I feel great. My energy level is tremendous!
Today Miss Faith and i decided to go to Woodcock Dam like we have done in the past, however, this time we did the WHOLE 2 miles!! It was an awesome time. Just her, I and the sunshine.
Whatever you are deciding to do as far as healthy eating for yourselves... keep it up and I promise you it will pay off. Maybe if you don't look at it as exercise, and think of it as...an inner peace ceremony, it may give someone a better out look on "exercise". I don't know really...I'm just speaking of what works for me. Good Luck to you all!! And know....I'm right there with you! =)
Monday, February 23, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
We did take some pictures so as soon as I get them loaded I will post them. Have a great day everyone! =)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
- Black Cohosh -Contains natural estrogen,calms nervous system; promotes menstruation; relieves cramps; soothes local pain; safe sedative; good for headaches
- Milk Thistle -Cleans the liver
- Butcher's Broom - Strengthens walls of blood vessels, aids in viracose veins
- Dandelion - use to detoxify the system
- Echinacea - "King of blood purifiers;" improves lymphatic system; strengthens immune system and is most potent for such; good for colds and flu; anti-inflammatory; anti-viral; antibiotic tendencies; increases white blood cells to destroy virii; no side effects noted and is a very safe; keeps T-cells healthy; good for glandular infections-; expels poisons and toxins; prevents cell infection; beneficial during pregnancy. The most important immune stimulatn in Western medicine.
- Ginseng - helps the body adapt to stress, fatigue, and cold; significantly improves the body's capacity to handle hunger, temperature extremes, and mental and emotional stress
- Lavender - the flowers are antibiotic and antiseptic. They calm the nerves, reduce muscle tension, and relieve cramps
- Lemon Balm - a relaxing tonic for anxiety, mild depression, restlessness, and irritability. Reduces feelings of nervousness and panic; quiets a racing heart
- Sage - use as a tea for quieting nerves, good for mental exhaustion and strengthens the ability to concentrate
- Sarsaparilla - blood purifier; breaks down uric acid; good for liver problems, rheumatism, skin disorders, hormone excesses, good for psoriasis and other eruptive skin disorders
- St. John's Wort - Helps with depression
- Valerian Root - calms nervous conditions; aids in peaceful and restful sleep; slows heart rate while increasing blood flow; good for people whose valves don't work right; nature's tranquilizer; decreases aggression; good source of calcium and magnesium
I hope you at least found this interesting. I believe in my heart that God has supplied us with "natural cures" to our illnesses.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I leashed up Miss Faith as she headed for the backdoor...jumping around and ready to go. I opened the car door and she jumped in..and parked her bottom on the front seat. We were off to Woodcock Dam...for a .......you guessed it! A walk. We went 1 1/2 miles...her leash in my hand, as we passed other walkers and other dogs...she walked right beside me...the whole way. It was so awesome to have someone else to walk with. And yes...we talked too... all in confidence I'm sure! =) It felt really good to get out and look around and get exercise as well as trying to eat right. I'm possitive the walk did her good too....she really enjoyed it.
It may not seem like much to some...but to me....it was a mile and 1/2 and great company! ;)
Have a great day everyone!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Ok so the point of this is ...When you are learning new ways of eating and new ways of cooking....just because something doesn't work out as well as you may think....don't give up....don't quit...just don't attempt TACO SALAD!!!! *smiles*
Thursday, February 12, 2009
(Mom you were right about me...I am flighty lol)
This is the dinner I cooked for last night. If you ever thought for one minute you have to eat cardboard (rice cakes) to lose weight..think again! You can have delicious and healthy!!!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
....yes unfortunately..I had to buy a new set of scales =( So 1 of two things happened.
- My scales said...uhm you're done weighing on me or
- I really need to lose weight!! LOL
I'm going with the latter one. =) And I am well off to a great start. As I mentioned I have lost 12lbs. Ok so now I have a bit of a conundrum...What did I really weigh on the scales that quit? According to them I lost 12lbs while they were still registering right. Yet on the new scales it says I weigh 2 pounds more??!! So I decided I am not giving up the two pounds or the 12 pounds lost. If you are following me here... according to all this mess...I actually weighed 2 pounds more when I began. Ugh... So not only do I suffer over weightness (if that's not a word...it is now) I also suffer obsessive compulsive disorder. *grins*
I'm still thinking of you all...and hoping you are having a great day!
Monday, February 9, 2009
This week I intend on increasing the exercise. Good ol' fat fighting exercise. I fought alcoholism and now I will fight overweight. 1 day at a time. =)
Sunday, February 8, 2009
And this my friend...Is what NOT to eat. I have no idea of the nutritional facts of this breakfast burrito, however I know it is more than I was willing to put my body through. I'm sure it would have tasted good. But then again...FAT taste GREAT! At least until you train your tongue it does NOT taste so great and it doesn't make your body feel very good either. =)
Friday, February 6, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
As my other sister says...it's all about exercise. I agree. I have been walking to the end of our street (trying to do every day of the week...not the weekend) with Miss Faith. I need the exercise and she needs the exercise also. Not to mention we enjoy each others company. By the way...for anyone who doesn't know...Miss Faith is my St. Bernard. (Didn't want anyone thinking I was calling a friend of mine fat).
I will let you know in a week how much if any that I lost and keep you updated.
All in all... the key to all this is... burn more than you eat. In Gwen terms that means...If you don't feel like walking...leave the snickers bar at the grocery store checkout! =)